Standards & Definitions for Texture Modified Foods and Fluids
In 2007 Dr. Julie Cichero and Michelle Suiter, in conjunction with the Dieticians Association of Australia, Speech Pathology Australia, and Nestle Nutrition, published standardised definitions and terminology for texture modified foods and fluids to used across Australia. The NZSTA and the New Zealand Dietetic Association (NZDA) have endorsed the Australian definitions and terminology.
The NZSTA encourages members to implement the new definitions and terminology into their own practice. Members are also encouraged to use the new terms in their communities, including schools, rest homes, hospitals and other contexts where texture modified foods and fluids may be used.
Below, you will find a list of resources designed to assist you in familiarising yourself with the new terms and definitions and to assist you in their implementation. The NZSTA and the NZDA have worked together to make these resources available throughout New Zealand.
- Soft Diet information sheet
- Minced and Moist Diet information sheet
- Smooth Pureed Diet information sheet
- Mildly Thick Fluids information sheet
- Moderately Thick Fluids information sheet
- Extremely Thick Fluids information sheet
- Original article from Nutrition and Dietetics
For more information, contact Molly Kallesen at email@example.com