Professional Development - Philippa Williams
021 146 3261
P O Box 137 256
Roles and Responsibilities
- To facilitate the development of continuing education programs and events.
- To implement the transfer/exchange of learning materials and joint programs between Areas - including keeping members informed of programs and visiting speakers.
- To identify, and liaise with, National Advisors involved with Speech-Language Therapy.
- To liaise with Speech Pathology Australia regarding the planning of professional development events and organising of Australasian tours for speakers.
- To encourage development of Special Interest Groups (SIGs), including organising seeding grants and keeping a register of established SIGs.
- To promote and support growth of research within New Zealand via NZSTA funding and awards.
- To oversee implementation of Continuing Professional Development Records, and to evaluate data from these records to assist in planning for professional development events.